Are you looking for a trainee role with an exciting and progressive company? Then this could be the role for you! An immediate opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Estimator to join the Amberley team based in Dorset on a full time basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Process all new technical enquiries presented by the internal and external sales teams, ensuring all information is clear and has been reviewed before moving forward, to create an estimate or product.
- Make recommendations to our customers by investigating material, ink and process options to ensure we estimate in the most cost effective and productive manner. Liaising with suppliers directly, continuously improving your industry knowledge.
- Ensure all key accounts specific technical and commercial requirements are being met, with particular reference towards quality and delivery of the final application.
- Review fixed price agreements and annual contracts with the Commercial Manager/Sales Manager at an agreed anniversary, presenting a clear review of actual production vs. estimate.
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Ensure that information is relayed quickly and efficiently with other departments within Amberley Blandford.
- Communicate. Adopting a proactive approach, with Production regarding any items of significance.
- Become a competent user of our quoting software, understanding how to run reports and analyse data.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of print processes and materials, taking own initiative to continue to develop this knowledge through independent research.
- Report key performance indicators for number of estimates/products created, to be shared in the weekly operational team report.
- Professional attitude, promoting Amberley & Coveris with professionalism at all times
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal – always
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail, ability to prioritise, remaining calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable, flexible and a team player
- Able to work independently seeking guidance where appropriate
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates ‘can do’ attitude
- Literate and Numerate to GCSE C or equivalent
- Computer Literate – MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint or equivalent (Office 365 knowledge preferable)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.