We are recruiting for an experienced Site Health Safety & Environmental Manager to work at our Louth site to lead the health & safety, well-being and environmental projects for our business in accordance with all relevant legislation. You will be responsible for driving a positive Health & Safety Culture using industry best practice techniques to prevent zero harm within our company.
- To provide guidance and support the management team in all Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- To manage the safety quality management system and update as required.
- To understand the group EHS activities and translate them locally ensuring compliance with ISO 45001
- Produce KPI’s and report on all health, safety & environmental performance at site level.
- Lead the investigation process relating to all incidents, accidents and compliance breaches
- Contribute to the group ISO accreditation in ISO 14001
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- Develop & deliver internal health, safety and environmental awareness training
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety environment with an ideal background in engineering / plastics / packaging manufacturing
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in H & S and Environmental issues across a manufacturing site.
- Excellent communication and written skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent organisational capability, decision making and time management skills.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Proven experience of internal auditing
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates a “can do” attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in H & S and preferably working towards the NEBOSH Level6 Diploma
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, having a good knowledge in Excel and Powerpoint