We are currently recruiting for a Pre-Press Operative to join the Production team based at our Spalding site working a triple shift. Suitable candidates would have great attention to detail, demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and be a team player.
Suitable candidates may have carried job titles such as: Machine Operative or Multi-Skilled Operative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure all tooling, inks and plates are available at press at the beginning of a job
- Return of Cylinders and Plate Bags to allocated area
- Check Cylinders for cleanliness and return to racks (Cylinders are stored in racking – heaviest in the centre at heights between 600mm and 1400mm – light Cylinders are stored below 600mm and above 1400mm)
- To ensure all cutters and Plate Bags are at site for production
- To work from plan supplied by Production Planner
- Notify Planner/Supervisor of any missing tooling or Cutters or Plates
- Ensure PCT system is used for smooth workflow between sites
- Maintenance including cleaning of anilox rollers
- Sort and fetch cylinders and mag cylinders if required as per planning schedule
- Good housekeeping including ensuring consumables are available at point of use
- Working to schedules
- Clear understanding of Company Handbook, including Health & Safety and Hygiene Policy
- Participation in company Continuous Improvement (CI) activities
- Any other duties required to meet the prevailing needs of the business
- Ability to manage and deal with change in a fast moving and demanding environment while still maintaining standards set within the business
- Should be able to use own initiative when necessary
- Clean driving license essential
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.