We are currently recruiting for a Pre-Press/Make Ready to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s Boston site. This role is both permanent and full time, working on a triple shift. This is a brilliant opportunity to gain a long-term career within the packaging industry.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Return of Cylinders, Mags, Plate and Cutter bags to the allocated area.
- Check Cylinders for cleanliness and return to racks (Cylinders are stored in racking – heaviest in the centre at heights between 600mm and 1400 – light cylinders are stored below 600mm and above 1400mm).
- Ensure all cutters and plates are at site for production and issued to the relevant press. There may be a need to travel to other sites to collect relevant tooling, plates, mags or cutters.
- Work from plan supplied by Production Planner.
- Minimise Downtime.
- Notify Planner / Shift Manager of any missing tooling, cutters or plates.
- Ensure PCT system is used for smooth work flow between sites.
- Laying plates.
- Assist in change overs, including washing off.
- QC during make ready.
- Operating the press during print runs.
- Good housekeeping including ensuring consumables are available at point of use.
- Work to schedules.
- Order remake of plates and cutters where required.
- Clear understanding of Company Handbook, including Health & Safety and Hygiene Policy.
- Ability to manage and deal with change in a fast moving and demanding environment while still maintaining standards set within the business
- Should be able to use own initiative when necessary
- Travel may be required therefore a current, clean driving licence is essential
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.