An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Operative to join the Amberley team based in Dorset on a full time basis working a day shift. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Offer complete support to the Operational processes of the business unit, supporting the daily roles of the team, including waste management, building maintenance and delivery/collection requests
- Ensure all company policies, procedures and systems are fully understood and adhered to, within their area of responsibility
- Delivery/Collections – Weekly requirements for driving and delivering to our customers, maintaining the vehicle ensuring it is kept clean and fully fuelled and any damages reported and managed
- Waste Management – Compacting duties including the collection, emptying, compacting and weighing all waste daily using both an external and internal compactor, ensuring empty collection bins are available throughout the factory overnight
- Maintenance – Working to a allocated tasks list, there will be a number of small maintenance jobs to be completed around the business
- Cleaning duties – To maintain the clean factory floor environment to a high level, all walkways must be also kept clean using equipment provided.
- Raw materials management – Support will be required to ensure excess raw materials are returned to stores
- An excellent communicator – written and verbal
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail, ability to prioritise, remaining calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable, flexible and a team player
- Able to work independently seeking guidance where appropriate
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates ‘can do’ attitude
- Literate and Numerate to GCSE C or equivalent
- Computer literate – MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint or equivalent (Office 365 knowledge preferable)
- Full clean driving license
- Forklift operator license (preferable, training and qualification will be offered to the right candidate)
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.