An opportunity has arisen for a Machine Operative to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s St Neots site on a rotating continental shift. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Line Manager
- Ensure day to day running of the machines, in line with Coveris S.O.Ps, and specific customer requirements
- Monitor and control carton quality
- Maximise machine efficiencies
- Minimise Downtime
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene and operational standards)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data accurately to ensure carton quality checks can be carried out
- Ensure machine speeds are always optimised
- Ensure any defect is highlighted to Team Leader and QA department and that it is flagged correctly
- Provide holiday cover in line with production agreement, and provide sickness cover where possible
- Ensure effective shift handover is carried out
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
- Great attention to detail
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Knowledge of carton construction and Die Cutting machines
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.