A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Junior Business Development Manager to join the External Sales team based at our UK Head Office in Spalding. The role is home or office based however, frequent UK travel to link in with our sites and customers will be a requirement of the role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Devise, develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness raising of Coveris.
- Drive a solid focused plan around business development ensuring targeted work is within the current capability of the label division with focus on H&PC, Beverage including Wine Beer & Spirits.
- Champion and own a Strategic Growth plan
- To support Junior colleagues with their development requirements within External Sales function
- Ensure ‘best in class’ level of client service to optimise sales revenue and service opportunities.
- Develop relationships within new customers to Coveris and sell in the group offer that Coveris can provide
- Identify the lead supplier in each of the categories to drive new sales, and be aware at all times the competitor set and their offer
- Allow for accurate forecasting and the development of an on-going sales forecast. Ensure that all reporting is done in time and with the accuracy to meet the Coveris reporting requirements.
- Submit a monthly report to your line manager to the agreed deadlines.
- Be able to provide a report if sales in your category are different to the budget set
- Work with Commercial Director/Managers to develop pricing strategies for labels by being aware of market trends and competitor activity
- Ensure you are operationally aligned to your manufacturing unit, and are engaging with the key production stakeholders on any changes that will impact on the operational efficiencies
- At least 2 years’ experience within a manufacturing/packaging background – Labels biased
- Have a sound understanding of modern business planning, negotiation, commercial acumen and influencing skills
- Have organisational and time management skills
- Have a wide range of problem-solving techniques
- Excellent project management skills
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Travel is required, therefore a full driving license is essential
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.