An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Ink Technician to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s Wisbech site, working a day shift. This position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and join a progressive business.
Suitable candidates may have carried job titles such as: Printer, Print Assistant, Machine Operative or Multi-Skilled Operative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Flexo cell to achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the site
- Ensure day to day running of print presses in the Flexo cell are fully utilised and optimised including covering breaks where possible
- Report any issues to the Shift Manager that affect SQD throughout the shift
- Work through production plan to ensure all tooling for a minimum of 72 hours are onsite. Any gaps report to the Shift Manager
- Assist with change overs when necessary
- Manage the tooling locations and ensure tooling is returned after use
- Manage the tooling process
- Maintain good housekeeping in the Pre-Press areas
- Fill out Production feedback forms when you incur downtime or input errors
- Have the experience and knowledge of the cell to provide support and training to any new starters or personnel – as and when required
- Ensure all SOP’s are adhered too
- Setting and checking offline dies
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Willingness to multiskill and be flexible based on the needs and demand of the business
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative thinker
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Experience of working within the print industry would be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Experience of a fast moving ever changing environment
- Full driving licence is essential
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.