Amberley is more than just a name; it is a culture of quality in which we obsess over the finer detail and let our passion drive perfection. A unique opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Apprentice, based in Boston. If you are interested in the Health & Safety of others and are a great team player this role could offer you an exciting start to your career within a forward thinking, dynamic organisation.
You will complete a qualification alongside the job role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assisting with carrying out Risk Assessments and give guidance to others on the completion of Risk Assessments.
- Support the Site based teams to drive risk reduction.
- Support the department with the development and production of Safe Systems of Work.
- Understanding and advising on current H&S legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Assist with maintaining and managing divisional corporate compliance safety requirements.
- Assist the H&S Manager, Site and Departmental Managers in audits.
- Help drive and maintain the continual improvement of employee health, safety and welfare as well as environmental management through communication, promotion and development.
- Work with the department to provide the necessary support for the Division, for liaison with clients, authorities, subcontractors and other relevant third parties on Safety issues.
- The co-ordination, maintenance and administration of Health and Safety documentation.
- To provide administration support in investigations of incidents/accidents and other breaches of compliance.
- Assist the department to maintain, monitor and publish safety statistics for the Division.
- Co-ordinate the administration for appropriate internal health, safety and environmental training.
- Support the team to conduct ASI’s (Area Safety Inspections) and ensure the relevant documentation is kept up to date.
- Any other duties to meet the prevailing needs of the job role and business.
- Computer literate.
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be able to deliver training in a confident and proficient manner.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- GCSE’s in Mathematics and English.
- Travel may be required to any UK Coveris sites therefore overnight stays may be required and a current clean driving licence is desired.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that this role is appealing to you, please forward your covering letter and CV to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.