We are currently recruiting for a Gallus No.1 Printer to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s St Neots site, working a rotating continental shift. If you have experience working in the Print Industry this could be the role for you!
Suitable candidates may have carried job titles such as: Printer, Print Assistant, Machine Operative or Multi-Skilled Operative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor and control print quality
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene, quality)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data onto Prism accurately to ensure print quality checks can be carried out, as per training given
- Ensure press speeds are always optimised by having materials loaded on and inks topped up
- Ensure make-ready and wash-up target times are optimised by having plates laid ready for the next job, plates are checked, and chambers are pre repaired for ink changes
- Working with and contributing to Continuous improvement activity across site
- Ensure any defect print is highlighted to the team leader and QA department and that the affected are highlighted clearly
- Provide holiday cover in line with production agreement, and provide sickness cover where possible
- Ensure effective shift handover is carried out
- Maintain good housekeeping including 5s auditing
- Maintain a high level of quality, accuracy, and productivity whilst working to tight deadlines and customer demands
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent management skills
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Leads by example, but an effective delegator
- Comprehensive experience in Flexographic Printing process
- Good communication, organisational and self-motivational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Computer literate
- Experience of a fast moving, changing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.