An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Folder Gluer to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s St Neots site on a rotating continental shift. If you have experience in the folding carton industry, this could be the role for you!
Suitable candidates may have carried job titles such as:, Machine Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Production Operative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Line Manager. Ensure day to day running of the Folder/ Gluing machines, In line with Coveris S.O. Ps, and specific customer requirements
- Monitor and control carton quality
- Maximise machine efficiencies
- Minimise Downtime
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene and operational standards)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data onto the ERP system accurately to ensure carton quality checks can be carried out, as per training given
- Ensure machine speeds are always optimised
- Ensure any defect print is highlighted to Team Leader and QA department and that it is flagged correctly
- Provide holiday cover in line with production agreement, and provide sickness cover where required
- Ensure effective shift handover is carried out
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Excellent communicator
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to problem solve and work with minimal supervision
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of carton gluing (essential)
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.