We are currently recruiting for Extrusion Operators to join the team at Coveris Winsford. In this role, you will develop the knowledge, skills, and experience required to maintain consistent efficient processing of blown film products across the full range of blown film extruders, maintaining production efficiencies, quality, safety, and hygiene/environmental standards. The positions are permanent on the following shift pattern: two days (7am – 7pm), two nights (7pm – 7am) and four rest days.
Coveris Expectations – Competences
- Maintains production of extrusion line(s) under the direction of a leading operator or mentor.
- Consistently follows all workplace health, safety, environmental, and hygiene rules including codes of conduct.
- Undertakes additional training and assessment required under the training plan.
- Maintains excellent timekeeping and attendance standards
Key Training Activities
- De-bagging - decanting raw materials following customer/order specification.
- Removal of finished product from the winder, palletising and packaging of finished products to customer specification.
- Reloading reeling bars/air shafts with the required cores and basic winder operation.
- Removal of scrap product from the winding areas clearly identifying all production scrap with the correct codes identified on works tickets.
- Assists in/carries out filter changes and die face cleans.
- Assists in order/blend changes.
- Production recording.
- SIC sheet (Short Interval Control) recording.
- Provides samples for quality control checks as per house standard or special instructions requirements.
- Prepare and deliver all polymer materials to the extrusion line(s) as required.
- Collect and deliver all cores and packaging items required for the completion of orders current and planned.
- When no longer required, returns all materials to stock e.g. polymers, masterbatches, cores, pallets and packaging items following the correct procedures for each.
- Assists in machine deep cleans.
- Maintains hygiene and housekeeping standards.
- Completion of duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, making recommendations for improvement through Health & Safety Representative as appropriate.
- Completion of ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
- Proactive in gaining knowledge and skills.
- Timely completion of Task Cards – SOP’s relative to the role.
- Timely completion of Trainee Operator Log Book
- Demonstrates a commitment to the health & safety and the wellbeing of individuals and the environment.
- Demonstrates commitment towards excellence in quality, and efficiency.
- Communicates in an open and honest manner demonstrating ethical behaviours at all times.
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and complies with, Coveris values.
- Demonstrates respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of all those who work in, and leaders of our business.
Role Development/Career Pathway
Following on from achieving the basic level of skill consistent with the role of operator the newly qualified operator will undertake further development and progression through the blown film operator grading system is subject to the employee achieving the criteria set out in the competency assessment system which includes the required level of skills, knowledge, and motivational, behavioural traits consistent with the expected level of performance at each grade level.