We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join the Production team based at our Cramlington. This role is both permanent and full time, working on a double day shift.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the Coveris Health and Safety policy
- Undertake repairs as requested by Factory Manager, Shift Manager or Group Engineer
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements
- Carry out planned maintenance tasks as per the maintenance schedule
- Identify potential improvements to equipment and communicate these to the relevant persons
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work
- Create an accurate record of completed work with details of parts used
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues by either working extended shifts or being available for call out
- Identify and order spare parts at the most cost-effective price
- Source cost effective suppliers of machine parts to assist in cost-saving
- Ensure the security of all tools and equipment
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in all work areas
- Work with CPS teams to improve overall efficiency of plant and equipment
- Provide training other engineering personnel as required
- Must be willing to travel to other sites or locations when required
- Undertake specialised training when required
- At least 5 years multi skilled maintenance Engineering experience
- Be time served or hold electrical qualifications – (Electrical bias)
- Manufacturing experience
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
- Great attention to detail
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage
- Good attendance and timekeeping,
- Experience working in fast paced high volume production environment
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages would be an advantage
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.