We are looking for an aspiring Engineer to join our Wisbech site, as an apprentice. This role provides huge potential to start your career within a niche role and industry, providing you with all of the relevant training to become the next generation of Engineers.
Start your Engineering journey with us today and watch your career take off.
You will complete a qualification whilst working alongside us.
Read below to learn more about the engineering role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Training will be provided in the areas listed below
- Supporting with carrying out all planned maintenance tasks as per the maintenance schedule, ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date
- Learn both the electrical and mechanical elements to machinery and site-based equipment
- Identify potential improvements to equipment and communicate these to the site
- Create an accurate record of completed work with details of parts used
- Assist the department to identify and order spare parts at the most cost effective price
- Ensure the security of all engineering stores, tools and equipment
- Work with the continuous improvement teams to improve overall efficiency of plant and equipment
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in all work areas, including the engineering workshop
- Support with carrying out planned maintenance operator tasks on a biweekly basis supporting the Engineers when necessary
- Carry out any safety or quality compliance checks
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Willingness to multiskill and be flexible based on the needs and demand of the business
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative thinker
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- A desire to continually improve
Should you feel that this role is appealing to you, please submit your covering letter and CV to our team. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.