We are looking for an experienced multi-skilled engineer to join the engineering team at our St Neots, Cambridgeshire site. Have you gained an engineering specific qualification from an apprenticeship? Do you have engineering experience within a manufacturing environment? Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a leading European print & packaging company? This is a brilliant opportunity to enhance your skills and join a business that invest in people.
Job Role: Multi-Skilled Engineer (within print & packaging company)
Location: St Neots
Hours: Monday-Thursday 08:00-16:00 & Friday 08:00-15:00 – With call outs and overtime opportunities
Pay: Dependent on experience and skillset
Benefits: A holiday entitlement scheme which is progressive with the length of service. Free, expert pension advice, life cover at four times basic annual salary among other staff rewards.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
- An engineering specific qualification from an apprenticeship
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Engineer within industrial/manufacturing environments
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop as there is considerable opportunity for development within our engineering team
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding
- A good mindset coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential
- Previous experience of working within a packaging environment is desirable but not essential
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after submitting your application, then please assume that your application has not been successful.