The Coveris Commitment to Sustainability
Manufacturing companies like Coveris must balance the functional and economic needs of our customers with the future demands on the natural resources that make our business run. As such, we are committed to delivering innovative packaging and coatings solutions that bear in mind both our own environmental responsibilities and those of our customers. Through continued collaboration with all of our stakeholders – customers, industry partners and suppliers – we continually strive to enhance our sustainability performance by:
- Minimizing the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes;
- Identifying opportunities to use more efficient raw materials in our products, including recycled material that prolongs the functionality of those materials;
- Providing our customers with innovative solutions that meet their performance requirements and help them meet or exceed their sustainability goals;
- Introducing new processes designed to eliminate waste from our manufacturing process to our customer’s application and ultimately the consumer’s use;
- Encouraging post-use recycling for Coveris-protected products;
- Supporting local initiatives across our international coatings and packaging facilities;
- Providing training opportunities to Coveris employees to enhance our sustainability efforts; and
- Regularly monitoring our performance for opportunities to improve our environmental footprint.
Coveris is fully committed to complying with all applicable local, national and international standards that regulate our operations wherever we do business, including our environmental performance.
Coveris is an SFI Certified Supplier
Coveris fully supports sustainable forest management in North America and responsible procurement of forest products.
In affirming this support, Coveris has followed the necessary auditing procedures in order to receive a Certificate of Registration for SFI Certified Sourcing Label Requirements and a Certificate of Registration for SFI 2015-2019 Certified Sourcing Standard.
To view our Certificate of Registration for SFI Certified Sourcing Label Requirements, please click here.
To view our Certificate of Registration for SFI 2015-2019 Certified Sourcing Standard, please click here.
Coveris has PEFC and FSC Certifications
Coveris Rigid Poland is a PEFC certified source for paper packaging and coated papers. It has also maintains an FSC Chain of Custody Certificate.
The view these Certificates, please click here.
Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1999
The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010, click here